5/8/16

The Workshop Experience with Alex + Val

Hello! Yesterday was a fun day! I spent my Saturday at a photography workshop that Seth bought for me in February as a valentine's day gift. He is a keeper! :) My lovely friends Valerie and Alex, over at Val Marlene Photography and Everlasting Love Photography teamed up and put on the first Workshop Experience by Alex and Val. Let me tell you, these ladies are very talented and as soon as I heard about this, I knew it would be something I wanted to experience and support them on. As a creative, I enjoy taking photos and am always wanting to learn more and new ways to improve my skills. Not only was this workshop beautifully designed, it was inspiring, educational and just a great time! Although I am not a "professional" photographer nor do I photograph weddings like the two of them, I still took take away some valuable information and learned some tips that Im excited to apply to DillyLou when styling and photographing my work. These ladies worked very hard and it paid off. They had some amazing line up of sponsors and vendors (list and links below) for that day that helped make it all happen. I didn't hesitate to say yes when they asked if I would make a chalk art sign for the workshop. I'm honored they included DillyLou and I even went home with an adorable bag filled with goodies, including this Day Designer Planner! Im pretty stoked to dig in and plan out my days. They also had some giveaways and I won a year subscription for Dainty Obsessions Magazine! (Perfect timing as I am planning my wedding right now!)



My notebook it full of pages of notes that I took away from the morning sessions. We covered business Do's & Don'ts, Marketing, Client Interaction, Authentic Pose Direction and Post Processing. I would say I can't really decide what my favorite part was, but the afternoon styled shoot was GORGEOUS! They organized and partnered with a handful of vendors that helped make it happen and after we spent sometime processing our images with their help critiquing. 



I'm pretty excited how my photos turned out and stayed up late using Lightroom (for the first time ever btw) to edit. Looking forward to applying this program and new skills to my work. If you want to know more about the workshop experience- you can check out the website here. They also are having another workshop this fall, September 23. You can subscribe to their email and get updates on when registration opens for the Sept workshop by clicking the image below. 




May 7, 2016 Vendors:

Photography Workshop Hosts: Everlasting Love Photography  & Val Marlene Photography 


Pass: Professional Photo sharing
Shoot & Share, Kelly Moore, Stomp software, Photo Mechanic

Day of Styling: Basic Bash Events @basicbashevents
Venue: Water House Studio
Paper goods and Calligraphy: Emelyn Letters @madisonemelyn
Bridal Gown: Modern Dress @moderndress
Men's Wear: Mr. B's Clothing
Hair/Make Up: Serenity Couture Salon @serenitycouture
Vintage Rentals: Vintage Love Rentals& Anessi @weddingsiniowa
Floral Design: Shelly Sarver Designs @shellysarverdesigns
Desserts: From Jen's Kitchen
Vintage Ring: Trumpet & Horn @trumpetandhorn
Men's Ring: Ames SilversmithingRibbon: Bellame Ribbon @bellameribbon

Chalkart: DillyLou Creative Design (me!)

3 comments

  1. Your images from the day are BEAUTIFUL!! Also, your home/workspace is too. Loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! It was so nice meeting you! I have found I work much for efficient when my surroundings are clean and organized! lol- or its just a way to procrastinate my to do list. :)

      Delete
  2. Quite a nice post! Thanks for sharing it. We attended a wedding at one of destination wedding venues Los Angeles and truly had a wonderful experience. It was our first family visit to LA and we all had a great time over there.

    ReplyDelete

© Lavender's Blue - DillyLou Blog
Maira Gall